Now, in Step 2, you will expand on the statement you began in Step 1.
Step 2: Determine EXACTLY what you intend to give in return for the goal you desire.
There’s no such thing as getting something for nothing. You have to give to get.
However, before you start going negative thinking about sacrifice I want you to understand just what sacrifice is…
Sacrifice is releasing something of a lower nature to make room for something of a higher nature.
For example, you may have to give up late night TV so you can go to bed earlier in order to get up for a morning workout.
Or, chances are you’re going to have to trade some of your favorite junk foods for more nutritious and supportive meals if your goal is to lose weight and/or increase your health and fitness.
See, you’re trading something of a lower nature to receive something of a higher nature.
I mean, really, in the end, what’s more important…Reality TV or being healthy, fit and full of energy, in the body you desire?
So, today I want you to add to your goal statement from yesterday…
How will you achieve your goal?
So Here is a well written goal
“I am so happy and grateful now that I have achieved X% body fat by
consistently sticking to my workout and supportive nutrition plans.”
Now, here is a specific example of what to do to get there.:
• Block out your schedule for a minimum of 3 if not 4 CrossFit, UnLoaded, T28, or Bell workouts every week. (Big reality check 1x is a D, 2x is a solid C-, at 3 you got a B and the body is getting primed for change, and 4 or 5 absolute magic begins to happen and the body really starts the process of real change = #1 (Vision)
• Clear your anything and everything in your schedule to make sure number one happens = #2 (Decide).
• Confirm step 1 and 2 = #3 (Commit). I love this one because as a coach its our favorite. You show up and I run you through the workout. Boom.
• Commit to following the food plan laid out in the goal setting session (We lose a few people on this one and while we won’t ask you to live on kale and rice cakes you have to remember that its impossible to out CrossFit a 6 pack of doughnuts or beer) #1
• Uses the tracking tools provided in the program. (remember from the first part of this series if you ain’t tracking it you probably going in the wrong direction or as we said just thinking that your already fat pant size is fitting a little better) (Side note: I hate the word better. Better than what the person on 600 lb life who just lost their legs to diabetes?) #2
• Check in with your trainer if your not progressing at the rate agreed upon in your goal setting session #3
We actually want you to show up. You have to show up if you want results.
Mainstream fitness facilities with lots of pretty colors and treadmills charging $10 entire business plan is based on you paying that every month to purge your guilt about having a gym membership and you not showing up. Think about it a typical big box gyms break even point is around 1000-1200 members (break even) They don’t want more than a tenth of that number to show up on any given day.
Here’s where it may get ugly for a lot of you. It’s often easy to say what you will DO to achieve your goals but what are you willing to give up or sacrifice in order to achieve it. We don’t want you in a place of unimaginable sorrow just tolerably uncomfortable because you’re outside of the old comfort zone that got you out of shape in the first place. It you want something different you have to DO something different.
Here are some examples of things you might need to give up:
Chocolate Doughnut pancake powered sugar surprise for breakfast.
Sleeping in and not getting to an early class
Not heading straight to the bar after work for happy hour and hot wings washed down by a pitcher of beer.
Sugar filled drinks (most ridiculous source of excess and nutrition barren calories available, I’ve seen people drop 30 pounds in a couple months by getting rid of this on alone)
Skipping a workout because your favorite TV show is on. (zero excuse on this one it’s 2016 kiddos. Get a DVR or better yet follow an emerging trend to abandon the TV altogether. You might have more time to plan your meals and get to the gym. Radical thoughts….Hmmm?
I’m trying to be a little out of control with my examples but I’m always amazed the few things we hold onto that are contrary to our goals. While food can be tricky, there is a lot of misinformation about what is good or bad, you know if something you eat makes you feel bloated fat and slow it probably ain’t good for you.
OK, now it’s your turn. What are you willing to give and what are you willing to give up to achieve your goal? For some of you it will be a total overhaul of lifestyle and for some it will be nothing more that doing the right types of workouts that drive real results.
P.S. – The CrossFit I35 Transformation Challenge Starts Saturday October 1. Space is limited to only 20 people so act fast and sign up now.
The CrossFit I35 Transformation Challenge is the perfect way achieve your goal.
It’s going to give you the direction and accountability you need, plus a ton of support and some really great incentives!